Moist Apple Cake Recipe
This is a cake that is low fat and has no oil or butter, it uses only one egg, and sugar-free sweetened condensed milk and applesauce and has the healthy addition of oats. It comes out so moist. It's great the next day for a breakfast treat.
35 min | 10 min prep
* 1 cup sugar-free applesauce
* 1 cup reduced-sugar sweetened condensed milk
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup oats
* 1 1/4 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
* nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 8x8 inch square baking pan.
2. In a food processor or blender, grind oats to a medium consistency, set aside.
3. In a large bowl with a whisk, mix applesauce, milk and egg.
4. Add all the flour, oats and spices. Fold in, until everything is incorporated.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Let sit 10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
thank you small town girl...