All-In-One Spaghetti

I'm always looking for an easy dinners I can serve my kids and my friend Lisa sent this one to me... modified slightly from a recipe found in Southern Living...

1 lb. ground turkey
1 large onion chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1 - 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 - 6 oz can tomato paste
32 oz V8 juice
2 c. water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2-3 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
dash of pepper
1 box of elbow macaroni
grated Parmesan cheese

it also calls for a garnish... but who are we kidding... kids don't care about garnishes of parsley sprigs....

cook first 3 ingredients in dutch oven, stirring until turkey crumbles and is no longer pink; drain if needed. return to pad and stir in tomato sauce and next 8 ingredients;bring to a boil.
cover reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often for 30 minutes

add pasta; cover and simmer , stirring often for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
serve with cheeses and the garnish if you so choose...

I added mushrooms and julienned carrots because I had them in the fridge...
I also think you could add 12-14 oz of spag sauce from a jar instead of tomato sauce and paste...
and it says it is for 6... but I'm thinking 6 teenage boys!!! there was a lot of food.

yummy...

No comments: